Weapons, Gun & Other Firearm Offences
There are many related guns and weapon charges that can imposed under the Criminal Code. Lawful possession and rules relating to possession of firearms are governed by the Firearms Act.
Some of the charges related to Guns & Weapon in the Criminal Code include but are not limited to:
- Use of Firearm in Commission of an Offence (s.85)
- Careless use of a Firearm (s.86)
- Pointing a Firearm (s.87)
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (s.88)
- Carrying a weapon while attending public Meeting (s.89)
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon (s.90)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (s.91)
- Possession of Unauthorized Firearm (s.92)
- Possession at Unauthorized Place (s.93)
- Unauthorized Possession in Motor Vehicle (s.94)
- Possession of a Restricted or Prohibited Firearm (s.95)
- Possession of Weapon Obtained by Commission of Offence (s.96)
- Breaking and Entering to Steal Firearm (s.98)
- Weapons Trafficking (s.99)
- Possession for purpose of Weapons Trafficking (s.100)
- Transfer without Authority (s.101)
- Making Automatic Firearm(s.102)
- Exporting and Importing Weapons (s.103, s.104)
- Possession of a Weapon Contrary to an Order (s.117.01) & Many More.
These types of offences are serious, and the punishment may be severe depending on the facts and many other factors involved in the criminal case.
It is important that you consult with either duty counsel or a criminal defence lawyer.
As a criminal defence lawyer, I understand the importance of client focused service, and possess the qualities, experience, and skills to ensure that you, the accused, obtain the best possible favorable outcome in a cost effective and timely manner.
Do not plead guilty until you have consulted with either duty counsel or a criminal defence lawyer. You may have certain defences available to you depending on the facts of the criminal case. It's also important to know that you have legal rights and equally important that they are preserved.
Contact an experienced criminal defence lawyer today at (905) 230-4529 and book your free consultation. As a Criminal Defence Lawyer in Mississauga, I will defend your case and fight for you to ensure that you obtain the best possible outcome in a time effective manner. I also accept Legal Aid Certificates. Hire me as your Legal Aid Criminal Defence Lawyer in Mississauga today!
DISCLAIMER: The content provided is for Informational purposes only. Nothing shall be construed on this web page as providing legal advice nor does the content form any kind of Solicitor-Client relationship. Readers should verify the source of the information and obtain legal advice before relying or acting upon it.